Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Garden In a jar

Hi Crafty Friends,

Today, I am on Jane's blog and I have used the latest release stamp set Cactus 

I love succulents. I have many in my gardens in all types of containers.

 


 When I was in collage and staying in dorms, because of space constraint  I used to grow small succulents in a jam jars. That was kind of my personal garden...:). Today's card is inspired from those days. 

One more thing I would like to share. I have this habit of making masks as soon as I get my new releases. 


They are made from full adhesive post-it . I stick them on the back of the acetate and I am ready to go! This helps me to make  cards quickly and  also helps me to decide my layout.

So back to the card....
I have use a jar stamp from Life is Good  set and created a mini garden in it.



It took me a while to  select images and positioning them. I used copics to color the images.Coloring the jar took the longest...;) I wanted to paint the transparency of glass, hope I achieved it. With copics, learning is never ending process. 

I also applied wink of stella on soil. It looks better in person.


I had lots of fun making this card. Hope you will try this set out. I will soon be posting another card with same set ! 






5 comments:

  1. Beautiful garden in the jar.;)
    Loved your colouring. And that's a really great tip about making and keeping masks ready. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use to do the same ,sow seeds of small plants in plastic containers and arrange them by window :) Loved the jar Garden on your card,yes the jar looks like glass. I have started keeping mask ready for frequently used stamps.Will follow your tips for all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Neha! Love it! :o) I love succulents also. :o) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. They make my day little brighter!